Wisconsin's Electronics Recycling Law (2009 Act50) prohibits disposal of certain electronic devices in Wisconsin landfills, burning in an incineration facility, or placing these devies in a container intended for disposal or incineration (S.287.07(5), Wis. Stats.) This new law prohibits electronic (e-waste) into any Wisconsin landfill or Transfer Station commingled with municipal solid waste. The devices covered by the new landfill incineration ban are:
- televisions, both CRT's and all flat screens;
- computer monitors, both CRT's and all flat screens;
- computers - desk top & lap top;
- fax machines
- computer peripherals, including keyboards, mice and speakers;
- DVD players, VCRs and digital video recorders; and
- cell phones
Some options for the proper handing of e-waste after September 1, 2010:
- Negotiate with the retail stores to take back the old e-waste item as part of your new purchase of new equipment.
- 'Best Buy' the retail store will take e-waste at no charge with some restrictions as noted on their website www.bestbuy.com.
- Contact Earthwise Recycling @ www.earthwiserecycling.com, Charges may apply.
For more information about this law, see http://dnr.wi.gov/ecyclewisconsin.
RECYCLE/GARBAGE PICK UP - The recycle center is open every Saturday from 8 AM - 4 PM. Remember to hand in your post cards with your address and vehicle info and in exchange you will receive your sticker. If you have not received a post card, please contact the clerk. Thank you for your cooperation.