NOTICE OF SPECIAL TOWN MEETING OF ELECTORS
Town of Calumet, Fond du Lac County
Notice is hereby given that a special town meeting of the electors of the Town of Calumet, Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin will be held at the Town of Calumet Fire Department located at W3118 County Hwy W, Malone, Wisconsin, on the 9th day of November, 2021, immediately following the completion of the Public Hearing on the proposed 2021 town budget, which begins at 7:00 pm, for the following purposes:
1. Consider the adoption of a resolution by the electors at the town meeting endorsing a town board resolution which proposes that the town levy exceed the state allowable levy limit under Wis. Stat. § 66.0602, specifically a proposed tax levy which would exceed the allowable town tax levy for 2021, before adjustments, by 4.5276%,
a. Consider approval by the electors to budget $199,812 in the 2022 budget, for use toward town road upgrades, as part of the current Town Board plan to create safer roads in the Town of Calumet.
2. Authorize the budget amount of up to $25,000, as was endorsed by the Town Board in Resolution No. 21-05, a Resolution Pledging Local Financial Support for Land and Water Conservation Efforts in the Pipe Creek Watershed, to be used as the local share funding for appropriate State and Federal grants to address land and water conservation within the Pipe Creek Watershed.
3. Authorize the use of unused levy capacity from the prior year as determined by the Wisconsin Department of Revenue and as approved by the town board under resolution No. 21-11-03, adopted pursuant to Wis. Stat. § 66.0602(3)(f)3. For a dollar increase of $70,000.
4. Establish the compensation for elected town officers pursuant to Wis. Stat. § 60.10(1)(b)1.
5. Approve the 2021 total town tax levy (to be collected in 2022), pursuant to Wis. Stat. § 60.10(1)(a.
Dated this 21st day of October, 2021.
By: Jodie Goebel, Clerk of the Town of Calumet